Dive Computer Maintenance Tips
Your dive computer is designed to be rugged and durable to withstand the high pressures of the deep and other extremes.
Although you would like them to be, they are nor perfect and need to be maintain from time to time t ensure that they work properly.
By caring for your dive computer now you can save yourself a lot of headache in the further. There is not much that goes into caring for your dive computer and would only take a few minutes after each dive.
Below are a few simple tip to properly care fore your dive computer.
- Rinse With Fresh Water – Be sure to rinse your dive computer after each dive with a stream of fresh water. This will wash away any salt, silt, or organic material that might be on on the computer after your dives
- Occasionally Clean Mental Contacts – From time to time you will want to clean any metal contact with a soft toothbrush to remove any hard deposit from salt, perspiration, or sunscreen.
- Inspect Wrist Band and Buckles – Regulator check wrist bands for wear, tear, and corrosion. If so, replace as needed
- Store in a Dry ,Cool, and Ventilated Area – If not in use store your dive computer away from sunlight, heat, or chemicals as they can weaken the waterproof seals. You would also want to avoid prolong storing in damp areas.
- Use only Genuine Branded Batteries – For longer battery live and operation
- Get Manufacture Recommended Service – You should also send your computer to get service every one to two years by a certified Service professional. They will calibrate the computer, as well as check all the seals and functions.